Michigan is a “no-fault” state, meaning both parties involved in an auto accident are entitled to valuable economic benefits from their insurance companies, no matter who caused the crash. No-fault insurance pays your medical expenses, wage loss benefits, replacement services and the damage done to the other person’s property.
Here is a list of benefits, so you can understand what you are entitled to during recovery:
- Attendant Care – In home nursing care. Provided by nurses or home health aides and in most cases, the No-Fault insurance company of the auto accident provides the victim with attendant care in order to recover or receive the proper rehabilitation for as long as reasonably necessary.
- Medical Expenses – Coverage of medical bills.
- Medical Mileage – Reimbursement for miles traveled to / from appointments.
- Loss of Wages – Money to replace what you aren’t earning while you’re missing work.
- Replacement Services – Assistance with household chores, services and child care.
- Home Modifications – Making your home accessible in case of disabling injury.
- Vehicle Modifications – Making your vehicle accessible in case of a disabling injury.
OakMed’s team of highly trained professionals are committed to providing exceptional private duty home care for individuals with conditions such as:
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Catastrophic Injury
To speak with one of our advisors regarding specialized care for motor vehicle victims, please contact us at 248-972-1014.